These cookies all the perfect amounts of fudgy, to nutty, to creamy from the marshmallow topping. Dip one of these delicious Rocky Road Cookies into a tall glass of milk and you won’t be disappointed!
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts, such as walnuts or almonds
- Mini marshmallows for topping, about 5 per cookie
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter with the sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes on medium speed. Reduce the speed to low and add in one egg at a time, making sure to scrape down the edges of the bowl in between each addition. Add in the vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture until completely combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons of the cookie dough onto a non-greased cookie sheet. Spacing each one a couple inches apart. Bake the cookies for 5 minutes and then remove from the oven. Quickly top each cookie with about 5 mini marshmallows, and gently press them in to prevent from rolling off the cookie. Return the cookies back to the oven and bake for another 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are cooked through and the marshmallows are melted and slightly golden.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes