Pumpkin Spice Latte Bundt Cake is like a culinary love story.
Once upon a chilly autumn morning, a PSL met a bundt cake, and sparks flew. It’s the kind of pairing that was just meant to be — a match made in heaven.
Soft, fluffy pumpkin spice cake is drenched in a creamy espresso frosting. Each slice of deep orange, frosted goodness is like a warm pumpkin spice latte in your hands!
Why You’ll Love Pumpkin Bundt Cake
This bundt cake recipe is an easy way to bake a show-stopper cake. Stir up a simple pumpkin cake batter, pour it into a bundt cake pan, and you’ve got a lovely dessert that will impress everyone. Just make sure to generously grease the cake pan so the cake turns out in one piece!
What really sets this recipe apart is the espresso-infused frosting — the “latte” part of the cake. With cream cheese, heavy cream, and instant espresso powder, you end up with a smooth, decadent frosting that can be poured or spread over the cake. (Or poured directly into your
How To Make Pumpkin Bundt Cake
Make sure you grab the canned pumpkin puree, not homemade (too much liquid). You’ll also want to avoid organic pumpkin puree because of the high water content.
Sugar, brown sugar, all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt
Pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon
Steps To Follow
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, vegetable oil, pumpkin puree, sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon, and whisk until a smooth batter forms.
Pour the cake batter into a greased bundt cake pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Allow the pumpkin bundt cake to cool slightly in the pan before turning it out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
Bundt Cake Pro Tips
- Use a good pan! Make sure to use a good bundt pan for this cake! An old or beat-up pan can make the pumpkin cake stick. (I’ve been there!)
- Grease the pan. Use plenty of nonstick spray or melted shortening for easy cake release. But skip using melted butter for best results.
- Don’t flour the pan! This can actually make matters worse. You shouldn’t need anything beyond the grease, but you can use regular sugar or toasted almond flour if you want to be really thorough.
How To Make Espresso Cream Cheese Frosting
Cream Cheese (softened)
Instant Espresso Powder
Steps To Follow
In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until light and fluffy.
Reduce the speed to low and mix in the powdered sugar one cup at a time until smooth.
Add in the vanilla and instant espresso powder and mix until combined.
Fold the heavy cream into the frosting with a rubber spatula until completely combined and pourable.
Pour and spread the frosting over the top of the cooled pumpkin bundt cake. Enjoy!
Frosting Pro Tips
- Soften the cream cheese. For smooth frosting, make sure you bring the cream cheese to room temperature.
- Stir (don’t whip) the heavy cream. We want the frosting to be pourable, so folding in the cream with a spoon is important. This will keep the cream from becoming whipped cream!
- Use a gravy boat. I find it’s easier to pour frosting onto the cake using a gravy boat.
- Frost the cake on your cake stand or serving plate. Moving a frosted pumpkin cake can be challenging!
Pumpkin Spice Latte Bundt Cake FAQ
Can the cake be made in advance?
Absolutely! Follow the baking and cooling steps, then wrap the cooled pumpkin cake in plastic. Store it in a cool spot. On the day you’re serving the pumpkin cake, unwrap and frost. For best results, make the cream cheese frosting fresh so it pours smoothly over the cake.
How do you keep a bundt cake from sticking to the pan?
For a stick-free experience, choose a good non-stick pan. Grease it using non-stick spray or melted shortening. Avoid butter and flour — they can make the cake stick to the pan.
Should you grease and flour a bundt pan?
Grease your pan well with non-stick spray or melted shortening. Avoid butter and flour. They can lead to a cake that doesn’t release cleanly.
What size bundt pan should I use?
This recipe works best with a standard 12-cup bundt pan.
Do I need to refrigerate the pumpkin spice latte bundt cake?
Yes. If you’ve frosted the cake, you need to refrigerate it, since the frosting contains heavy cream and cream cheese.