Pumpkin Spice French Toast is a breakfast recipe loaded full of Fall flavor! Buttery slices of brioche bread are dunked into a sweet custard mixture swirled with pumpkin butter and cinnamon. Seared until golden on each side, each slice of Pumpkin Spice French Toast is delightfully delicious and perfectly pumpkin. The perfect breakfast to wake up to in the morning!
- 2 cups half and half
- 3 eggs
- 8 oz pumpkin butter (roughly 1 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound loaf brioche bread, sliced into 1-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a pie plate, or a large, shallow bowl/container, whisk together the half and half, eggs, pumpkin butter, cinnamon and vanilla extract until combined.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Working with a few slices of brioche bread at a time, dunk each slice into the custard mixture to coat each side, not allowing the bread to soak for too long as it will get soggy.
- Sear the french toast on both sides until perfectly golden brown and cooked, about a few minutes per side. Repeat until all the bread slices have been used.
- Serve immediately with additional pumpkin butter, butter and maple syrup. Enjoy!
- I was able to purchase pumpkin butter at my local Trader Joe’s, and William’s Sonoma also has it online. You can make your own homemade pumpkin butter as well.
- Brioche bread is perfect for french toast! It is buttery and sweet.
- If you need to make the french toast in advance, keep it warm in a 200 degree oven on baking sheets lined with cooling racks so that the slices don’t get soggy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes