Pumpkin Banana Bread is the perfect baked good to fill your house with warmth. The wonderful combination of cozy cinnamon and nutmeg pair perfectly with the delightful pumpkin and fruity banana. Slice into it when it is ever-so-slightly still warm from the oven, smear a little bit of soft butter across it and you have the most scrumptious bite of Pumpkin Banana Bread.
Fall is in full swing and you know what that means: all things PUMPKIN! Pumpkin and banana pair perfectly together. They both deliver a slightly sweet flavor that our tastebuds know so well. Put them together and you have a match made in heaven. Your house will smell like one of those wonderful autumn candles with this Pumpkin Banana Bread baking away in your oven.
How to Make Pumpkin Banana Bread
Not only is this bread delicious, but it comes together in one bowl! One of my favorite parts of this recipe. That means you are only one bowl and a handful of ingredients away from some scrumptious banana bread.
First, start off creaming the butter with the sugars until light and fluffy. Add in the wet ingredients which includes the ripe bananas, pumpkin pureé and eggs.
Finally, bake the pumpkin banana bread until perfectly fluffy and delicious!
This recipe is perfect for breakfast, an afternoon snack, or could easily be turned into a dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top and a caramel drizzle. We are in a no judgement zone here – all things go.
Looking for other Pumpkin Recipes? Check these out!
Pumpkin Banana Bread is the perfect baked good to fill your house with warmth and want to make you go back for another slice. The wonderful combination of cozy cinnamon and nutmeg pair perfectly with the delightful pumpkin and fruity banana. Slice into it when it is ever-so-slightly still warm from the oven, smear a little bit of soft butter across it and you have the most scrumptious bite of Pumpkin Banana Bread.
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup pumpkin pureé
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about a couple minutes. Reduce the speed to low and add in one egg at a time, making sure to wipe down the sides of the bowl in between each addition.
- With the mixer speed on low, mix in the bananas, pumpkin puree and vanilla until smooth and combined, about a couple minutes. Add in the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix until combined. Pour the batter into a greased bread pan (standard size) and bake for 30 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 325 and bake for another 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the center is cooked through. Allow the pumpkin banana bread to cool slightly in the pan before turning it out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 435
- Sugar: 29.5g
- Fat: 24.4g
- Carbohydrates: 51.5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 102mg
Keywords: Pumpkin Banana Bread
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that KJ & Company would receive a small commission if anything is purchased. Thank you for supporting KJ & Company in all the ways that you do!
Recipe originally posted on 09/24/2018 and updated on 10/11/2021.