Prosciutto Breakfast Pizza turns a beloved classic into a fun breakfast treat! Pizza dough is rolled out and topped with mozzarella cheese, salty slices of prosciutto, freshly cracked eggs and chives for a burst of flavor. Bake until golden brown and bubbly, slice and dig in!
- 16 oz raw pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella slices
- 4 oz sliced prosciutto
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. On a floured surface, roll the pizza dough out into a 10-12 inch circle. Gently transfer to a greased baking sheet, brushing off any excess flour and re-forming if needed on the pan.
- Brush the pizza dough with the olive oil and use a fork to poke holes into the dough all over the top to prevent the dough fro bubbling. Pre-bake the dough for about 8-10 minutes, or until it just starts to turn golden brown.
- Remove the pizza crust from the oven and arrange the cheese slices and prosciutto slices on top to create “nests” or “pockets” for the eggs to be cracked into. Essentially blocking off the edges with the cheese and prosciutto so that the eggs don’t run off.
- Carefully cack the eggs into the prepared “nests”. Sprinkle the top of the pizza with the chives and pepper.
- Bake for another 10-12 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your desired doneness. If the tops aren’t as golden brown as you would like, a minute or so under the broiler can also help.
- Slice and serve!
- Pre-cooked pizza dough: jump straight to step 3 with this option and don’t pre-bake the crust.
- Fresh mozzarella slices or shredded mozzarella cheese can be used depending on preference or availability.
- Nutritional information for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 413
- Sugar: 0.3g
- Sodium: 645mg
- Fat: 27.2g
- Carbohydrates: 25.4g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 17g
Keywords: Prosciutto Breakfast Pizza