Pineapple Chipotle Jerk Chicken is like a party on a plate! Chicken breasts are coated in a homemade chipotle jerk seasoning blend, seared until golden brown and then simmered in a decadent sauce of pineapple and light beer. The perfect combination of Jamaican and Mexican cuisines! Boring chicken dinners are no more when this Pineapple Chipotle Jerk Chicken is around!
How to make Pineapple Chipotle Jerk Chicken:
Making this chicken dish is just as simple as it is delicious. You’re just a few steps away from a fun, flavor-packed meal!
Here’s what you need to do:
- Mix together your own chipotle jerk seasoning blend. If you don’t want to make your own, mix together 2 tablespoons cajun seasonin with 1 tablespoon chipotle powder.
- Coat the chicken with the seasoning and sear until golden brown on both sides. Set the chicken aside.
- Add the pineapple into the skillet, deglaze with light beer and then add the chicken back in.
- Simmer until the chicken is cooked through and oh-so delicious!
Different ways to serve Pineapple Chipotle Jerk Chicken:
Since both Jamaican and Mexican cuisines are combined in this fun chicken dinner, there’s several ways that you can serve this!
- Keep it tropical: serve it with fresh/grilled pineapple (or a pineapple or mango salsa) and rice! I highly recommend my Coconut Cilantro Rice.
- Make a burrito bowl: use the Coconut Cilantro Rice as a base, top with the chicken, avocado/guac, salsa of choice, cheese, beans if desired or lettuce!
- Tacos or burritos: go off of the same options as above but add in some taco shells! You can never go wrong with a good taco!
- Quesadilla: toss the leftovers into a quesadilla the next day – you won’t be disappointed!
Pineapple Chipotle Jerk Chicken quickly became one of our new favorites – there’s just so much flavor in every bite! We loved eating this as leftovers too. Serve it up with a fun cocktail (Strawberry Smash Peach Margaritas, anyone?) to have a little party in your own kitchen (perfect Cinco de Mayo option!), or add it to your weekly rotation for a fun family meal!
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!