Pesto Pappardelle is a simple recipe that lets the vibrant flavors of fresh basil and tomatoes shine. Perfect for a fresh, summer meal! Even if you don’t have basil growing like weeds in your back yard, this recipe is just as delicious with store-bought basil and tomatoes.
- 5 cups fresh basil
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 16 oz pappardelle
- Fresh tomatoes if desired for topping
- In a food processor, pulse together to basil, olive oil, parmesan cheese, pine nuts, lemon juice, salt and pepper until a smooth pesto forms.
- Cook the pappardelle according to package instructions. Drain and toss the hot pasta with the pesto until combined. Serve with fresh tomatoes if desired.
- Pesto is such a versatile sauce and can be paired with any pasta shape!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes