Pesto Caprese Salad combines the best of two refreshing and vibrant dishes.
Creamy mozzarella balls and juicy tomatoes are tossed with smooth olive oil and nutty basil pesto — drizzled with a sweet, tangy balsamic glaze.
Pesto Caprese salad is the perfect side dish for any summer gathering. But it also doubles as a refreshing appetizer or a topping on a main dish (grilled chicken, anyone?).
Without any distractions, this pesto caprese salad recipe takes less than 10 minutes to make.
But even with a playful pup or kiddo vying for your attention, you can whip this recipe up in no time!
- 20 oz grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz mozzarella pearls
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- 1–2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Balsamic glaze for serving
- Combine tomatoes and mozzarella pearls in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the pesto and 1-2 tablespoons of the oil in a bowl. Start with 1 tablespoon of oil and add more if necessary if your pesto is thicker. You want a smooth, somewhat pourable consistency.
- Pour the pesto mixture over the prepared tomatoes and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or in an airtight container for up to 2 days in advance.
- Prior to serving, drizzle with the balsamic glaze and garnish with fresh basil. Enjoy!
- Grape or cherry tomatoes both work great for this recipe.
- Nutritional information for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 260
- Sugar: 2.8g
- Fat: 19.9g
- Carbohydrates: 7.4g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 8.5g
- Cholesterol: 42mg
Keywords: Pesto Caprese Salad