Sometimes simple food is the best food, and that’s just what these Pepperoni Pizza Pockets are! Simply delicious. Pockets of pie crust are filled with pizza sauce, pepperoni slices and creamy mozzarella. Baked until perfectly golden brown and delicious, you will be transported straight back to a childhood favorite with every bite!
- 2 standard round pie crusts
- 6 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 18 pepperoni slices
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Working with one pie crust at a time, roll it out to roughly a 12×8 inch rectangle, cutting off the round edges to keep the rectangle shape. Cut that rectangle into 6 equal squares.
- Put the filling ingredients into the center of 3 of the squares, leaving about 1/2 inch of space around all sides. Use these increments for the filling: each will have 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce, roughly 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese and 3 pepperoni slices. These 3 squares have now become the bottom of the pizza pocket.
- Take the remaining 3 squares of pie crust and gently and evenly set them over the bottoms to create the tops. Use your fingers to gently press the edges together, then use a fork to crimp all four sides of each pizza pocket. Transfer the 3 prepared pizza pockets to a baking sheet.
- Repeat this process with the remaining round of pie crust. Brush all the tops of the prepared pizza pockets with the melted butter and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Enjoy!
- Store-bought pie crust is recommended for this recipe as it is consistent in its size and outcome, but if you have a favorite homemade pie crust recipe use that!
- The possibilities are endless when it comes to the filling ingredients! Use the same increments but change it up to whatever you have on hand or your favorite pizza toppings!
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes