Ingredients You Need to Make Pepperoni Pizza Pockets
When it comes to simply delicious food, then you need simple ingredients! With only 5 ingredients, these pizza pockets are hassle-free! Here’s what you need:
- Pie crusts
- Pizza Sauce
- Pepperoni slices
- Mozzarella cheese
How great is that? Not ony are these ingredients simple, but they are also easy to keep around and stored so that you can whip up a batch of these pizza pockets whenever they are calling your name!
How to Assemble the Pizza Pockets
If you are just taking a look at these pizza pockets, you may be thinking that they are difficult to put together. But, fear not! All you need is a little bit of counter space and you’re set to go. Essentially, you get 6 pizza pockets out of 2 standard rounds of pie crust that come in a package together. Since you have to have both a top and a bottom piece, I recommend following these tips to help you out:
- Roll your pie crusts out to roughly a 12×8 rectangle. You’ll need to cut the round edges off to make it rectangle after you roll them out.
- Cut each pie crust rectangle into 6 equal squares. Put the filling ingredients in the center of 3 of the squares, leaving 1/2 an inch around all the sides for crimping. These squares have now become the bottoms of the pizza pockets.
- Gently put the remaining 3 empty squares on top of the filling ingredients – these pieces have now become the tops! Crimp the edges together with a fork to keep the filling from leaking out.
And voila! Your pizza pockets are ready for baking!
After the pizza pockets have been assembled, you brush the tops with melted butter (YUM) and bake until golden brown and delicious!
The pie crust is perfectly flakey.
The fillings are melty and loaded full of pepperoni flavor.
And the fun making these and eating them is SO worth it!
Just think: the possibilites with these Pepperoni Pizza Pockets are endless! Make them with your family for a fun snack or dinner option, serve them as an appetizer, game night or entertaining favorite. Whatever way you serve them or eat them, they are fun and delicious!
Pepperoni Pizza Pockets
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 pizza pockets 1x
Sometimes simple food is the best food, and that’s just what these Pepperoni Pizza Pockets are! Simply delicious. Pockets of pie crust are filled with pizza sauce, pepperoni slices and creamy mozzarella. Baked until perfectly golden brown and delicious, you will be transported straight back to a childhood favorite with every bite!
- 2 standard round pie crusts
- 6 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 18 pepperoni slices
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Working with one pie crust at a time, roll it out to roughly a 12×8 inch rectangle, cutting off the round edges to keep the rectangle shape. Cut that rectangle into 6 equal squares.
- Put the filling ingredients into the center of 3 of the squares, leaving about 1/2 inch of space around all sides. Use these increments for the filling: each will have 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce, roughly 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese and 3 pepperoni slices. These 3 squares have now become the bottom of the pizza pocket.
- Take the remaining 3 squares of pie crust and gently and evenly set them over the bottoms to create the tops. Use your fingers to gently press the edges together, then use a fork to crimp all four sides of each pizza pocket. Transfer the 3 prepared pizza pockets to a baking sheet.
- Repeat this process with the remaining round of pie crust. Brush all the tops of the prepared pizza pockets with the melted butter and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Enjoy!
- Store-bought pie crust is recommended for this recipe as it is consistent in its size and outcome, but if you have a favorite homemade pie crust recipe use that!
- The possibilities are endless when it comes to the filling ingredients! Use the same increments but change it up to whatever you have on hand or your favorite pizza toppings!
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!