Pepperoni Caprese Flatbread is a delicious combination of two beloved favorites: pepperoni pizza and caprese salad! Slices of pepperoni are layered together with gooey, fresh mozzarella, sliced tomatoes and basil on a garlic butter flatbread. Baked until perfectly bubbly, a balsamic reduction drizzle takes this flatbread to the next level!
- 14–15 oz flatbread, cut into four squares/rectangles
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 4 oz roma or grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella balls, “cherry size”
- 3 oz pepperoni slices (roughly half a cup)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, lightly torn. Additional torn leaves for garnish.
- Balsamic reduction/glaze for drizzling
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter and garlic. Brush the tops of the flatbread with the garlic butter.
- Evenly layer on and distribute all of the pepperoni slices, mozzarella cheese, tomatoes and basil onto the buttered flatbreads. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted, bubbly and everything is starting to turn golden brown. Broil the tops for a few minutes if needed to help this process along at the end.
- Garnish with additional torn basil leaves and drizzle with the balsamic reduction. Enjoy!
- For the flatbread, avoid using the ultra-thin flatbread that can also be used as a tortilla. Try to find ones that are more of a thin pizza crust. I was able to find pizza crust/flatbread at Trader Joe’s and there is also this brand that works great.
- Serve this flatbread as an appetizer, lunch, dinner or easy weeknight meal option!
- This recipe can also be made on the grill. Place on top of foil so the bottom of the flatbread doesn’t burn from the grill’s flames.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 636
- Sugar: 6.3g
- Fat: 35.6g
- Carbohydrates: 55.4g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Protein: 25g
- Cholesterol: 83mg
Keywords: Pepperoni Caprese Flatbread, Flatbread Recipe