These cookies are the perfect combination of fudgy chocolate and sweet peppermint. Take one bite of these and you will be sledding through fields of gumdrops and candy cane trees! Maybe not quite that extreme, but you get what I’m saying. They are packed full of holiday flavor.
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 10 oz dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, melted for garnish
- Crushed candy canes for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about a couple minutes. With the speed on low, add in one egg at a time, mixing thoroughly after each egg addition and wiping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Mix in the vanilla and peppermint extracts.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture into the butter mixture until combined. Fold in the dark chocolate chips with a rubber spatula. The batter may be thick and slightly sticky and that is ok.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons of cookie dough onto a non-greased cookie sheet. Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes, being careful to not overcook. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat until all of the cookies are baked.
- Drizzle the cookies with the melted white chocolate and top with crushed candy canes.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes