Peas and Pancetta are the perfect combination. Fresh, sweet peas are sautéd together with crispy, salty pancetta and white wine for a scrumptious side dish. No more mushy peas around here! Transform a simple vegetable into a decadently delicious side dish with this Peas and Pancetta recipe.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz chopped pancetta
- 20 oz fresh green peas
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Parmesan shavings for garnish
- Preheat the olive oil over medium heat in a medium to large-sized skillet. Add in the pancetta and allow to render and start to crisp for a few minutes. Add in the peas and toss to coat.
- Allow the peas to sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in the garlic, white wine, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Continue cooking for about another 5-8 minutes, or until the peas are cooked through (fork tender). Serve garnished with parmesan cheese shavings.
- Frozen peas can be used if you don’t have access to fresh peas. Since they are already cooked, they will require less time after the white wine and garlic have been added.