Peas and Pancetta are the perfect combination. Fresh, sweet peas are sautéd together with crispy, salty pancetta and white wine for a scrumptious side dish. No more mushy peas around here! Transform a simple vegetable into a decadently delicious side dish with this fun recipe.
Let’s Talk Peas
If you’re like me, then you really only think of peas coming from the freezer section of the grocery store. But, did you know you can buy fresh peas?! They are so cute! I was able to find fresh peas in the refrigerated vegetable section at my local Trader Joe’s. I just couldn’t resist them!
The main difference when it comes to using fresh or frozen peas: cook time! Since frozen peas are blanched before being frozen, they are already partially cooked and essentially just need to be re-heated. Fresh peas will require a bit longer in the sauté pan.
Both options are equally delicious, but if you have access to fresh peas, go for it! If not, snag a bag or two of frozen peas and get to cookin’.
How to Cook the Peas and Pancetta
Not only does this recipe only require a handful of ingredients, but it is quite simple to bring together! Only one pan is needed. Here’s a quick breakdown:
- Sauté the pancetta in some olive oil until crispy.
- Add in the peas and toss to coat – allow to sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Chopped garlic, salt, pepper and white wine get added in next.
- Continue to cook until peas are cooked through!
- Serve with shaved parmesan for an extra touch.
See? Easy, peasy.
Peas and Pancetta is the perfect side dish for a quick weeknight meal, date night or even for the holiday table. Don’t forget about this little, but mighty vegetable!
PS: goes perfect with my Lemon Herb Seared Salmon recipe!
Looking for other side dish recipes? Look here!
Peas and Pancetta are the perfect combination. Fresh, sweet peas are sautéd together with crispy, salty pancetta and white wine for a scrumptious side dish. No more mushy peas around here! Transform a simple vegetable into a decadently delicious side dish with this Peas and Pancetta recipe.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz chopped pancetta
- 20 oz fresh green peas
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Parmesan shavings for garnish
- Preheat the olive oil over medium heat in a medium to large-sized skillet. Add in the pancetta and allow to render and start to crisp for a few minutes. Add in the peas and toss to coat.
- Allow the peas to sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in the garlic, white wine, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Continue cooking for about another 5-8 minutes, or until the peas are cooked through (fork tender). Serve garnished with parmesan cheese shavings.
- Frozen peas can be used if you don’t have access to fresh peas. Since they are already cooked, they will require less time after the white wine and garlic have been added.
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that KJ & Company would receive a small commission if anything is purchased. Thank you for supporting KJ & Company in all the ways that you do!