Peach pillows? Oh yes please! I’m never much of a breakfast eater (a granola bar and my coffee and I’m good to go!), but I’ll splurge every once and awhile and it’s just gotta be fun! And let me tell you what, peach pillows are FUN. They are simple to throw together and a creative little pocket of joy that you can customize however you want. Don’t be intimidated by the strawberry coconut glaze, though, because you can whip it together while the peach pillows are baking away in the oven and be ready to eat as soon as they are golden brown and delicious.
Not only are these little pillows delicious, but they are simple to put together and deliver the wide-eyed, big grin reaction from others when you serve them up. I used peaches, strawberries and sprinkles to decorate mine with, but you could certainly have a plethora of toppings ready to go! Coconut flakes, blueberries, white chocolate chips, raspberries and honey just to name a few. Have everything set up and people can have fun decorating their peach pillows after you bring them out of the oven. Talk about a fun breakfast for the kids before they head off to school or for yourself to bring out your inner kid before you have to put your grown-up pants on for the day!
I seriously have the best friends, too, who understand my food blogging and cooking obsession. How awesome is it that they have their nails painted before they come over just in case they need to lend a hand to a food picture?! The best. Friends are amazing and happy and fun just like these peach pillows and rainbow sprinkles.
Serve these peach pillows up for a fun breakfast and they will certainly be asked for again!
Peach pillows are a fun, creative spin on a classic breakfast treat! A flaky, buttery crust is filled with warm, cinnamon-speckled peaches and drizzled with a strawberry coconut glaze to top it off.
- 4 sheets puff pastry dough, defrosted to package instructions
- 4 peaches, seeded and sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons strawberry jam
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- Sliced peaches
- Sliced strawberries
- Coconut flakes
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine the peaches, granulated sugar, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon and mix until the peaches are coated and combined. In a separate small bow, whisk together the egg and water to create an egg wash.
- Working with one puff pastry sheet at a time, lay it flat on a counter top and cut two 3×5 rectangles (or desired size) out of the sheet. Continue onto the other sheets until you have 8 rectangles. There will be a little extra dough that smaller pillows could be made out of if desired.
- Working with two rectangles at a time to have a top and a bottom layer, lay 1/4 of the peach mixture on the bottom puff pastry sheet but leaving at least 1/4 inch on all sides open. Lightly brush some egg wash on all four sides of the bottom puff pastry sheet that you left open. Slightly stretch out the top puff pastry layer in your hands and then lay it over the top of the peaches to match the bottom layer. Press it down on all four sides with your fingers to seal all the edges. Then use a fork to “crimp” all of the edges and leave a decorative touch. Carefully move the peach pillow to a sprayed baking sheet and lightly brush the top with more egg wash. Continue this processes until all the pillows are made.
- Bake the peach pillows for 25 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. While the pillows are baking, whisk the confectioner’s sugar, strawberry jam and coconut milk together in a small bowl until smooth, about a couple minutes.
- Remove the peach pillows from the oven and let cool for about 3-5 minutes. Decorate the tops with the strawberry coconut glaze and any other toppings that you desire. Enjoy!
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!