Oreo Fudge Brownies are everything that a decadent brownie should be! Classic Oreo cookies are sandwiched in between layers of chocolate-chip loaded brownie batter and baked until perfectly fudgy. Topped with additional chocolate chips and Oreo cookies, each bite is pure brownie bliss!
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 20 Oreo cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar and brown sugar until glossy and smooth. In a separate small bowl, whisk the eggs until frothy on top. Then, whisk the eggs in with the butter and sugar mixture. This will help create the crackly brownie top. Whisk in the vanilla.
- Add in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and stir to combine with a rubber spatula. Fold in 1 cup of the chocolate chips. Grease and line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Pour in half of the brownie batter into the bottom of the prepared pan and smooth into an even layer. Then, evenly place about 16 of the Oreo cookies on top of the bottom brownie layer. Pour the remaining brownie batter over top and smooth to an even layer.
- Sprinkle the tops of the brownies with the remaining 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips. Roughly crush the remaining 4 Oreos and sprinkle to top along with the chocolate chips. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the brownie center has set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Enjoy!
- If you don’t have time to make a homemade brownie batter or need a shortcut, use your favorite boxed mix!
- Dutch processed cocoa powder is recommended as it gives a deep chocolate flavor, but regular cocoa powder will work just as fine!
- Cool the brownies completely before covering or storing in an air-tight container.
Keywords: brownies, bars, chocolate, baking, baking ideas, dessert, dessert ideas