Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Pie is a refreshing, sweet treat! A chocolate Oreo cookie crust is molded into the bottom of a pie dish. Filled with creamy mint chocolate chip ice cream, the pie is then frozen to create a deliciously cold sweet dessert.
- 1 1/2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 quarts mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- 12 Oreo cookies for decoration
- Pulse the cookie crumbs together with the melted butter until combined. The crumbs should stick together when pressed together. Use the bottom of a measuring cup to press the cookie crumbs into the bottom and onto the sides of a pie dish until molded.
- Gently press the softened ice cream into the prepared pie dish, being careful to not pull up the cookie crust on the bottom. I avoid doing so by using a rubber spatula to gently press the ice cream in. Making sure the ice cream is softened enough also helps with this. You can also lightly stir and “cream” the ice cream before pressing it into the pie pan.
- Use the remaining 12 Oreo cookies to evenly decorate around the rims of the pie dish. Pressing each cookie about quarter way into the softened ice cream.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours in advance. The pie can keep in the freezer for a couple days, but make sure to cover it with plastic wrap to prevent the taste of the freezer on the cookies.
- Allow to softened for 15-20 minutes prior to cutting and serving. Enjoy!
- Scooping the ice cream out into a large bowl will help it soften faster! You can then use a rubber spatula to smooth it all together.
- If you are having troubles with the ice cream sticking to the cookie crust, freeze the crust for 30 minutes before pressing the ice cream in.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 219
- Sugar: 18.8g
- Sodium: 169mg
- Fat: 11.4g
- Carbohydrates: 27.7g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
Keywords: mint chocolate chip ice cream pie, ice cream pie, dessert, mint ice cream, chocolate, no-bake dessert