Whip up some Mashed Sweet Potatoes for an easy and flavorful dish. Freshly peeled sweet potatoes are simmered until tender, then whipped with butter and half and half until fluffy. Season to taste with a little salt, pepper, and thyme for an elegantly simple side.
Mashed sweet potatoes are a visually striking twist on your stereotypical potato dish. This dish is sure to be a hit with a vibrant orange hue and natural sweetness. Plus, it is easy to make, with just a few steps and minimal ingredients.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed into 1-inch cubes, about 2 pounds total
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large pot, cover with just enough water to cover the tops and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Let boil for about 8-10 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are fork tender. Drain from the water and place the sweet potatoes back into the pot.
- Add in the butter and heavy cream and use a hand mixer on low speed to help you mash the sweet potatoes until light and fluffy. Stir in the salt and pepper.
- Serve with additional melted butter and fresh thyme over the top if desired. Enjoy!
- This can easily be made ahead of time and reheated for when needed! It can also be kept warm in a slow cooker for feeding a crowd.
- Nutritional information for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Boiling
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 281
- Sugar: 0.8g
- Sodium: 266mg
- Fat: 11.6g
- Carbohydrates: 42.5g
- Fiber: 6.2g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 34mg
Keywords: Mashed Sweet Potatoes