Mashed Sweet Potatoes are a simple and scrumptious side dish to whip up. Freshly peeled sweet potatoes are simmered until fork-tender, then whipped together with a little bit of butter and half and half until fluffy and perfectly mashed. Season to taste with a little salt and pepper and you have the perfect Mashed Sweet Potato dish!
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large stock pot, cover with just enough water to cover the tops and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Let boil for about 8-10 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are fork tender. Drain from the water and place the sweet potatoes back into the pot.
- Add in the butter, half and half and use a hand mixer on low speed to help you mash the sweet potatoes until light and fluffy. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Can be served with a sprinkling of fresh herbs and more butter if desired.
- Sweet potatoes come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, just try to find 4 that are medium-sized and similar to each other.
- This can easily be made ahead of time and reheated for when needed! It can also be kept warm in a slow cooker for feeding a crowd.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes