Lemon Herb Seared Salmon takes fresh salmon filets to a whole new level. Seared to golden brown perfection, the salmon is then basted with melted butter, vibrant fresh herbs and lemon slices. The result is a bright, full-flavored salmon dish ready to eat.
- 4 salmon filets, about 4–5oz each
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, sliced into 1/4 inch rings
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Gently dab the filets dry with a paper towel before evenly seasoning both sides with salt and pepper. Place the filets down into the skillet (presentation/top side first) and allow to sear for about 3-5 minutes, or until a good, golden brown crust has formed.
- Flip the filets over and allow to cook on the other side for the same amount of time. Reduce the heat to low and add in the butter, parsley and lemon slices. Tilt the pan so that all the melted butter runs to one side and use a spoon to baste the filets with the herby, melted butter until the salmon is cooked through.
- Serve garnished with additional lemon slices and fresh parsley if desired. Enjoy!
- To make on the grill, wrap the seasoned filets in foil with a tablespoon of butter, a couple lemon slices and a couple teaspoons of chopped parsley in each packet. Grill with in-direct heat until cooked through.
- Nutritional information for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 393
- Sugar: 0.4g
- Fat: 24.8g
- Carbohydrates: 1.6g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 39.6g
Keywords: Lemon Herb Seared Salmon