Lemon Herb Roasted Chicken is a comforting, delicious chicken dinner! A whole chicken is roasted together with fresh lemons, herbs and seasonings for a juicy, flavorful chicken recipe. Each bite is loaded full of flavor!
- (1) 4-5 pound Smart Chicken whole chicken
- 1 onion, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 lemons, halved
- 8 oz fresh rosemary sprigs
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Place the chicken into the bottom of a Dutch oven or a large baking dish (such as a 9×13). Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, seasoned salt, thyme and garlic. Evenly rub the chicken down with the butter mixture. Place the pieces of onion, lemons and rosemary sprigs around the chicken.
- Cover with a lid (or tent with foil) and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the lid and bake for another 45 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat reads 165 degrees. If your oven cooks hotter on certain sides, you may need to rotate the chicken during the last 45 minutes if one side starts to brown more quickly.
- Slice and serve the chicken with the juices from the bottom of the pan. Enjoy!
- Make sure your chicken is properly thawed before cooking if taking it from the freezer.
- To keep the chicken juicy, store the leftovers with some of the juice from the bottom of the pan.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 629
- Sugar: 1.1g
- Sodium: 656mg
- Fat: 42.7g
- Carbohydrates: 9.7g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 51.7g
- Cholesterol: 254mg
Keywords: Lemon Herb Roasted Chicken, Chicken Recipe