Lemon Herb Roasted Chicken is a comforting, delicious chicken dinner! A whole chicken is roasted together with fresh lemons, herbs and seasonings for a juicy, flavorful chicken recipe. Each bite is loaded full of flavor!
This post and recipe is sponsored by Smart Chicken. All words and photographs are my own. Thank you so much for supporting the brands that make KJ & Company possible!
What Sets Smart Chicken Apart
Ok, listen up, if you’re purchasing chicken, it needs to be Smart Chicken! And that’s something that I don’t even have to be paid to say! My family and I have been using and cooking with Smart Chicken for YEARS. Literally: it’s all my Grandma and Mom will use, and now me! We can even go as far as saying that we have family friends who were farmers for Smart Chicken. I can remember watching my Mom in the kitchen unwrap the chicken with the classic blue packaging growing up, or my Grandma sharing with all of us when she found a grocery store when it went on sale. To say it’s a family favorite is an understatement.
So, what does set Smart Chicken apart? Let me tell you!
Did you know that all other chicken companies submerge the chicken in a water bath solution to chill the meat? And that the meat absorbs 8-12% of that liquid? No thank you! Smart Chicken goes above and beyond to pay extra attention to detail by using a 100% Air-Chilled Process. That means the end result is a pure product that has exceptional taste, texture and quality without any yucky stuff added. You can read more about their process here!
Want to know what else is great? NO antibiotics are ever added! Here’s what they have to say about the matter:
“Smart Chicken® has never changed its position on antibiotics; the company does not administer antibiotics to chickens that become Smart Chicken and never has. Antibiotics are simply not part of our equation for producing wholesome, high-quality chicken and, in line with that philosophy, all Smart Chicken products are USDA Process Verified no antibiotics ever.”
How great is that?! They have a wealth of knowledge if you want to read more about their commitments to creating the highest-quality products that they can.
All in all, Smart Chicken is the only way to go!
Tips for Roasting a Whole Chicken
Now, cooking a Smart Chicken Whole Chicken may seem like a daunting task, but, trust me, it’s so much easier than you might think! Here’s some helpful tips when it comes to roasting a whole chicken:
- Give yourself time: if you are short on time, then roasting a whole chicken probably isn’t the route to take! You will end up frustrated that it’s not cooking as fast as you want it to. That doesn’t mean that you need to have all day to cook a chicken, but give yourself a couple hours.
- Make sure the chicken is properly thawed: trying to roast a chicken that is still frozen will result in frustration as well if dinner is in a couple hours. Making sure that the chicken is properly thawed will result in a perfectly roasted chicken.
- Pat the chicken dry before seasoning: this will help get that desired golden brown skin!
- Leave it alone: it may be tempting to keep checking the chicken, taking the lid (or foil) off and taking a peek, but let it be! We’re trying to make this as hassle-free as possible 🙂
- Meat Thermometer: having a good meat thermometer on hand will also help if you are concerned about knowing when the chicken is done or not. An internal temperature of 165 degrees in the thickest part of the meat is what we are going for. Another handy way to know if the chicken is done is if the juices run clear when pierced. The best place to check this is where the chicken breast and thigh meet.
- Enjoy the process! Channel your inner Julia Child and enjoy the way that roasting a whole chicken brings your house warmth. No candles needed here!
How to Serve Lemon Herb Roasted Chicken
To me, there’s not much better than pulling a perfectly golden brown chicken out of the oven and setting it down on the table. It’s just so heart-filling!
Serving a roasted chicken is simple: dig in! I highly recommend ladling the juices from the bottom of the pan over the meat after you have sliced it. It really sets the flavor apart and helps keep the chicken juicy!
The leftovers can easily be reheated, added to a soup, used as a salad topping, tossed into a tortilla, swirled into a pot pie, or frozen for perfectly cooked chicken whenever you need it! How will you serve up your roasted chicken?
Whether you are making this recipe for a family weeknight meal, to tackle a new, fun cooking project or to serve a crowd, it is bound to bring your heart and stomachs warmth and joy.
Looking for other recipes to use Smart Chicken? Check these out!
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that KJ & Company would receive a small commission if anything is purchased. Thank you for supporting KJ & Company in all the ways that you do!