Italian Orzo Pasta Salad is a simple pasta salad loaded full of flavor! Salty salami, creamy mozzarella, sun dried tomatoes and fresh basil mix perfectly with the orzo pasta. Drizzle in a homemade dressing to bring home the full Italian flavor in this pasta salad.
Italian Orzo Pasta Salad Ingredients
Making a pasta salad should be hassle-free and delicious. When it comes to this recipe, the main key is to cut all of the ingredients roughly the same size so that they are all uniform when tossed together. Not only that, but they will also be easier to fit onto a fork! Now, let’s dive into the ingredients needed for this pasta salad:
- Orzo pasta – it looks like rice, but it’s pasta! It cooks like pasta and tastes like it as well. How fun is that?!
- Italian dry salami – look for the kind that is still in a log vs. the kind that is thinly sliced as it will need to be cut into cubes. It can typically be found in the deli department of the grocery store.
- Mozzarella cheese – go for the actual cheese block vs. the shredded cheese as it will need to be cut into cubes to match the salami.
- Fresh basil – the best flavor in this pasta salad! Fresh and vibrant.
- Sun dried tomatoes – they deliver the perfect tomato flavor without over-powering the other ingredients.
- Extra virgin olive oil – used as the base for the homemade dressing.
- Lemon juice – fresh is best! It adds just the right amount of acidity to the dressing.
How to Serve
Pasta salad can often gets a bad rap as it typically isn’t the star of the show. Well, let me tell you, this Italian Orzo Pasta Salad is turning the tables!
Serve a batch for a family gathering, picnic, taking a side dish to a friends house, the holidays or just because! It also does well as a meal-prep option and makes for great lunch leftovers! Imagine knowing you have a batch of this pasta salad waiting for you in your refrigerator for lunch. I’d be excited!
When serving this pasta salad, it can also be served at room temperature or cold. It also gets better the longer the flavors sit together after you make it. The perfect side dish!
Italian Orzo Pasta Salad is one of those recipes that just surprises you. Simple ingredients come together in a simple way for a delicious outcome. I promise, this will be a pasta salad that you love!
Looking for other Side Dish recipes? Check these out!
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that KJ & Company would receive a small commission if anything is purchased. Thank you for supporting KJ & Company in all the ways that you do!