This Italian Marinade is loaded full of all the classic flavors to take you straight to Italy. From vibrant herbs of thyme, oregano, and rosemary, to garlic, lemon juice and olive oil, this marinade has it all. Perfect for Italian marinated chicken, steak, seafood or vegetables!
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine the ingredients together in a bowl, glass or Mason jar and whisk to combine. Use marinade as desried.
- How to use as a marinade: marinade the chicken, steak or pork for 1 hour minimum to 8 hours maximum. Discard leftover marinade prior to cooking the meat.
- How to use as a sauce: sauté the desired meat or vegetables and add in about half of the marinade to create a sauce. If you want a really saucy outcome, add in all of the marinade.
- How to use as a sauce: place chicken in a slow cooker and pour the marinade over. Cook for 6-8 hours.
- Serving ideas: grilled meats and veggies, roasted veggies with the marinade, roasted meat with mashed potatoes and veggies, kabobs, salad toppings, pasta toppings.
- Category: Sauces
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 299
- Sugar: 1.2g
- Sodium: 639mg
- Fat: 33.8g
- Carbohydrates: 2.1g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Italian marinade, Italian chicken, Italian steak, Italian seafood, Italian vegetables, Marinade