Italian Baked Chicken is a simple and delicious chicken dinner! Seasoned chicken breasts are nestled into marinara sauce, topped with mozzarella cheese and baked until golden brown and bubbly. Italian Baked Chicken is perfect for an easy weeknight meal, meal prep option, date night dinner or to feed a crowd! Easy, delicious and comforting chicken dinner.
- 24 oz pasta sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Evenly pour the pasta sauce into the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with the salt, oregano and thyme. Nestle the chicken into the pasta sauce and evenly cover with the shredded cheese.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
- Garnish with freshly chopped basil or parsley and enjoy!
- Chicken breasts or thighs can be used for this recipe. Either way, make sure they are boneless and skinless.
- Use your favorite pasta sauce for this recipe.
- Serve this chicken with pasta, couscous or roasted vegetables!
- Leftovers of this recipe re-heat very well. Store the chicken with the remaining sauce to help keep it flavorful and moist.
- Nutritional information for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 461
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 15.3g
- Carbohydrates: 17.1g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 60.2g
- Cholesterol: 166mg
Keywords: Italian Baked Chicken