Hot Fudge Bundt Cake is the chocolate cake of all chocolate cakes! A decadently delicious chocolate bundt cake is drizzled and perfectly coated with a homemade hot fudge sauce. Each warm, fudge-coated bite of moist, chocolate cake is pure heaven. Imagine all the wonderful things about hot fudge and put that into cake form. I just couldn’t wait to share this recipe with you!
What is Hot Fudge Bundt Cake?
Hot Fudge Bundt Cake is the perfect marriage between chocolate cake and hot fudge!
First off, you start with a chocolate-rich, moist bundt cake that bakes up in the oven.
Then, you create the most decadent homemade hot fudge on the stove top.
Next, you generously pour the hot fudge ALL over the bundt cake!
Finally, DIG IN! 🙂
The Best Ways to Serve Hot Fudge Bundt Cake
When it comes to serving this decadent dessert, there’s several ways to go about it! Let’s talk about the different options:
- Serve it up perfectly messy! That means pouring all of the hot fudge sauce on top of the cake and letting it pool on the plate – just like I did in these photos! Tip for this method: use a good plate with a lip on it so the hot fudge doesn’t go everywhere (like mine). This makes for quite the show-stopper! You could even pour the hot fudge all over the cake in front of your guests and get ready for all the “ooooo’s” and “aaahhhhhh’s”.
- Slice the cake and serve the hot fudge on the side. This way, all the guests can pour their own hot fudge! How fun would that be??
- Pour the hot fudge on the cake when it is sitting on a wire rack with a tray underneath it. This way, you will have a perfectly “glazed” bundt cake without all of the hot fudge pooling on the plate. You would do this in several batches to use up all of the hot fudge and make sure that the cake is fully coated.
In my opinion, option 1 and 2 are my favorites. I just love the chocolatey fun!
How to Store
Believe it or not, this recipe actually does really well as leftovers! Wanna know the secret? Re-heating your slice for about 20 seconds in the microwave…YES! The hot fudge aspect fully returns to give you a dessert that tastes like it was fresh out of the oven.
If you need to prepare the cake in advance, you can make the bundt cake as directed, let it cool completely, wrap it in plastic wrap and keep it in the refrigerator overnight. Bring it out of the refrigerator about a couple hours before pouring the hot fudge (made right before serving) over the top.
In the case of your cake already being glazed with all the hot fudge, I recommend slicing and storing the slices together in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Re-heat your slice for about 20 seconds before digging in!
We are fully and completely in LOVE with this Hot Fudge Bundt Cake, and I know you will be too! I’m about to go re-heat another slice as we speak…
Here’s my favorite bundt cake pan.
Looking for other Chocolate Desserts? Check these out!
Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Chocolate Espresso Bundt Cake
Hot Fudge Bundt Cake
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
Hot Fudge Bundt Cake is the chocolate cake of all chocolate cakes! A decadently delicious chocolate bundt cake is drizzled and perfectly coated with a homemade hot fudge sauce. Each warm, fudge-coated bite of moist, chocolate cake is pure heaven. Imagine all the wonderful things about hot fudge and put that into cake form.
For the cake:
- 1 cup brewed coffee, hot
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder, Dutch processed preferred
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the hot fudge sauce:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup bittersweet/dark chocolate chips
For the cake:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk together the coffee and the cocoa powder until smooth, set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, oil, eggs and vanilla extract. Slowly whisk in the coffee/cocoa mixture until combined.
- Add in the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt and whisk until a smooth batter forms. Pour the cake batter into a well-greased bundt pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let the bundt cake cool for a couple minutes before turning it out onto a cooling rack to cool completely. Be careful to not let the cake sit in the bundt pan for too long or it can cause it to stick when you are trying to turn it out.
For the hot fudge sauce:
- In a small saucepan over low heat, slowly bring the heavy cream to a very slow simmer. Whisk in the semi-sweet chocolate and the bittersweet chocolate until smooth and glossy. Remove from the heat.
- Pour the hot fudge sauce directly over the top of the bundt cake that is placed on a large plate with a lip to allow the hot fudge sauce to pool around the bundt cake – do this in a couple rounds. Or, serve the hot fudge sauce on the side so that each guest can coat their own slice. It’s a hot fudge cake – it’s meant to be a little fun and messy!
- This hot fudge bundt cake stores really nicely! Store the slices of cake in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Re-heat your slice for about 20 seconds in the microwave to re-activate the hot fudge feel!
- Nutritional information for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 684
- Sugar: 62.5g
- Sodium: 495mg
- Fat: 34g
- Carbohydrates: 94.2g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Protein: 8.6g
- Cholesterol: 91mg
Keywords: Hot Fudge Bundt Cake
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that KJ & Company would receive a small commission if anything is purchased. Thank you for supporting KJ & Company in all the ways that you do!