Honey Chipotle Salmon Bowls are a quick and healthy meal loaded with flavor!
Fresh salmon is covered in a spicy, sweet glaze and cooked to tender perfection. Serve the smoky salmon over a bed of rice with an array of toppings…
Fruity salsas. Savory roasted veggies. Tangy cotija cheese. You call the shots.
Serve with a drizzle of chipotle mayo for a one-bowl meal that’s great for lunch or dinner. It’s easy to meal prep for the week, so you can have healthy, delicious food ready to go!
- 16 oz salmon, cut into 1-inch pieces (skinless)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Rice for serving – I love to use my Coconut Cilantro rice for this recipe.
- Topping ideas: avocado, salsa/pico de gallo (a mango salsa would be so good), cotija cheese, cilantro, corn/corn salsa, chipotle mayo
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Arrange the salmon on a sheet pan and evenly coat with the olive oil, honey, chili powder and season salt. Toss to combine. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Broil on high for a couple minutes to crisp up the salmon.
- Build your salmon bowl by adding the rice to a bowl, arranging the salmon on top and then topping with desired toppings. I definitely recommend having a chipotle mayo to go along with your toppings. My favorite toppings are avocado, cotija cheese and mango salsa and an extra drizzle of honey. Enjoy!
- Use any kind of salmon you would like as long as its skinless. If using a sockeye salmon, it will cook up faster as it has a lower fat content.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Roast
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 411
- Sugar: 10.5g
- Fat: 25g
- Carbohydrates: 11.2g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 32.1g
Keywords: Honey Chipotle Salmon Bowls