Honey Cajun Salmon Bowls are a simple, yet delicious way to get dinner on the table! Fresh salmon filets are evenly coated with a homemade honey cajun sauce and baked to perfection along with green and red bell peppers. Serve in bowls of coconut rice for the ultimate salmon meal!
- 4 salmon filets, about 4–6oz each
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. In an oven-safe skillet (I used cast-iron), heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the green and red bell peppers and sauté for 3-5 minutes, or until they just start to soften a bit. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel. Nestle the salmon filets into the sautéd bell peppers. In a small bowl, combine the honey, cajun seasoning and salt. Use a basting brush (or spoon) to evenly coat the salmon filets with all of the prepared sauce.
- Bake the salmon for 10-15 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through to desired doneness, about 145 degrees in the center.
- Serve the salmon and bell peppers over rice and top with desired toppings. Enjoy!
- King salmon is preferred for this recipe as it’s natural fattiness pairs well with the bold flavors of this recipe. Coho or Sockeye salmon can be used as well.
- I highly recommend serving the salmon and bell peppers on bed of rice and topped with desired toppings.
- Topping ideas: black beans, avocado/guac, pineapple or mango salsa, lime wedges or tortilla chips.