Homemade Boxed Brownies are a decadently fudgy and chocolate-loaded dessert! Boxed brownies are a classic for many reasons, and these Homemade Boxed Brownies will make you skip the box! Loaded full of plenty of chocolate chips, Homemade Boxed Brownies is a dessert recipe that you definitely need to have up your sleeve!
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter with the sugar and brown sugar until smooth, about a minute. Add in the eggs and vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Whisk in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt until a smooth, glossy batter has formed. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the brownie batter into a greased or parchment paper lined 9×9 pan. Smooth into an even layer. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Be careful to not over-bake or you will lose the fudgy effect.
- Allow to cool slightly before cutting and serving. Enjoy!
- Regular or Dutch-processed cocoa powder can be used for this recipe.
- These brownies store very nicely! Just make sure they are cool before covering and storing.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes