Herb Smothered Pork Chops is bright take on a classic comfort food. Pork chops are seared until golden brown, and then simmered in a white wine, herb cream sauce until perfectly smothered. The result: a tender pork chop recipe full of flavor!
- 4 bone-in pork chops (thick or regular cut)
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Pat the pork chops dry and sprinkle with the seasoned salt on all sides. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Working in batches, add in two of the pork chops at a time to sear on both sides until golden brown, should be a few minutes per side. Set the seared pork chops aside.
- Add the garlic and shallot into the skillet and sauté until fragrant, about a couple minutes, avoiding any dark browning or burning. Pour in the white wine to deglaze the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce the heat to low and pour in the chicken stock and heavy cream. Stir in the thyme and parsley. Bring to a simmer and nestle all the pork chops into the sauce. Spoon the sauce over the tops of the pork chops.
- Simmer the pork chops on low heat for about 15 minutes, periodically spooning more sauce over the tops of the pork chops until the pork chops are cooked through and the sauce has thickened. This time may vary depending on the thickness of your pork chops. Cook the pork chops to 145-150 degrees.
- Serve the pork chops with the sauce spooned over the top. Garnish with additional fresh herbs if desired. Enjoy!
- The cook time of this recipe will depend on the thickness or thinness of your pork chops. If using thin-cut pork chops, allow the sauce to simmer for about 5-8 minutes on it’s own to thicken before adding the pork chops back in as they cook faster.
- Nutritional information for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 637
- Fat: 36.6g
- Carbohydrates: 3.2g
- Protein: 62.2g
- Cholesterol: 241mg
Keywords: Herb Smothered Pork Chops