Hawaiian Hot Dogs are a fun, vibrant twist on a Summer classic! Juicy, grilled hot dogs are wrapped in a bun and drizzled with ketchup. Then, topped with a Hawaiian inspired salsa of fresh mango, red onion and cilantro. Each bite is sweet, savory and takes you straight to the beach! Why not step up your hot dog game?
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns, King’s Hawaiian or Brioche preferred
- Ketchup for serving
- 2 cups diced mango
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- In a small bowl, combine the mango, red onion, cilantro and lime juice. Set aside or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat your grill to medium heat. Grill the hot dogs for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until perfectly grilled and heated through.
- Serve the hot dogs in the buns drizzled with ketchup and topped with the mango salsa. Enjoy!
- I prefer to purchase all-beef hot dogs for their flavor.
- King’s Hawaiian or Brioche hot dog buns are slightly sweet and really help bring the flavor home in this recipe! Regular hot dog buns can be used as well if need be.
- Pineapple can be used instead of mango if desired. Follow the same instructions.
- The mango salsa can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: American-Hawaiian
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 340
- Sugar: 14.2g
- Sodium: 1028mg
- Fat: 18.6g
- Carbohydrates: 34.1g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 10.1g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
Keywords: Hawaiian hot dogs, hot dogs, grilling, grilling season, summer, summer recipes, mango salsa