If you are looking for a perfect, delicious breakfast or brunch recipe to have on hand, then you are in the right spot! Sometimes you just need to have a good quiche baking away in the oven to serve up for breakfast instead of having to crack open and cook a dozen eggs to order. A quiche is such a simple way to please everyone and feed a crowd! Or just yourself, because leftovers are definitely welcomed here!
This quiche bakes up nice and fluffy in the oven and doesn’t mind being reheated. I love the addition of fresh broccoli as it lightens the dish and brings a good brightness. You want to know what is so great about quiches? They are SO versatile! Add in some ham, bacon, peppers or anything else that your heart desires and you still have a great meal! It even has a hashbrown crust so you really can’t go wrong. Who doesn’t love hashbrowns? If you don’t, then we need to have a talk.
This quiche recipe can carry you through any time of year, occasion, holiday or surprise brunch that you have to host. Whip it up, put it in the oven and let it do it’s thing. Little work for delicious results!
PS: double this recipe to fit into a 9×13 pan and feed even more people!
A classic quiche recipe is elevated with a crunchy, hash brown crust!
- 8 oz frozen hashbrowns (you can buy 16 oz bags and use half)
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups broccoli florets, in small pieces, about 1 head of broccoli
- 1/3 cup shredded asiago cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray and evenly line the hashbrowns on the bottom of the plate and up the sides to create a crust. Bake the hashbrowns for 20 minutes or until slightly golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, cottage cheese, monterey jack cheese and heavy cream. Stir in the broccoli florets and season with salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the hashbrowns and sprinkle the top with the asiago cheese.
- Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the quiche is fluffy and cooked.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!