Hash Brown Casserole is a cheesy and beloved potato side dish! Hash brown potatoes are mixed together with retro classics such as cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, seasonings and shredded cheese. Topped with even more shredded cheese and crushed potato chips, the end result is a creamy, cheesy hash brown casserole!
- 32 oz frozen hash browns, homestyle
- 10.5 oz cream of mushroom soup
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups potato chips, crushed
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, melted butter, salt, onion powder, garlic powder and 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Use a wooden spoon (or a good, sturdy spoon) to stir it all together until combined.
- Evenly press the hash brown casserole filling into 9×13 baking dish. Top with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese and the crushed potato chips.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45-50 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until the top is melted and golden brown. Enjoy!
- Once the melted butter is added into the frozen hash browns, it will need to be mixed in soon as it starts to harden again from the cold potatoes.
- This dish can be made in advance and re-heated prior to serving.
- Nutritional information for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 678
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 1016mg
- Fat: 49g
- Carbohydrates: 49.4g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Protein: 12g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
Keywords: Hash Brown Casserole