Gingerbread Rocky Road Cookies are loaded full of Christmas flavor! A soft, gingerbread cookie base is swirled together with chopped pecans, mini marshmallows and white chocolate chips for a holiday twist on a classic rocky road combo. Each bite is warm, gooey, nutty and perfectly gingerbread-spiced! The perfect Christmas rocky road cookie!
For the cookies:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped pecans
For the coating:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Additional white chocolate chips and pecans for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about a couple minutes. Reduce the speed to low and mix in the egg and molasses, wiping down the sides of the bowl to make sure it’s evenly combined.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger and mix until a cookie dough forms. Gently mix in the white chocolate chips, mini marshmallows and chopped pecans until evenly combined.
- Mix together the coating of sugar and cinnamon together in a separate bowl. Use a medium-sized cookie scoop to scoop the cookie dough into balls. Quickly roll the cookie dough balls together in your hands to lightly form them, then coat completely in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place the prepared cookie dough balls on a baking sheet lined with a silpat liner or parchment paper, about a few inches apart. Add a few extra white chocolate chips and pecans to the tops of each cookie dough ball.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the centers of the cookies have set. Lightly bang the pan of cookies after taking them out of the oven. Re-form them with your spatula if some of the marshmallow oozed out the sides. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely and repeat until all the cookie dough has been used.
- A silpat is highly recommended for these cookies as the marshmallows like to stick to the pan. Parchment paper can also be used.
- Chopped pecans or walnuts work perfectly in this recipe.
- Top the cookies with extra white chocolate chips and pecans to make these cookies extra special!