Gingerbread Rocky Road Cookies are loaded full of Christmas flavor! A soft, gingerbread cookie base is swirled together with chopped pecans, mini marshmallows and white chocolate chips for a holiday twist on a classic rocky road combo. Each bite is warm, gooey, nutty and perfectly gingerbread-spiced! The perfect Christmas rocky road cookie!
What Makes a Gingerbread Rocky Road Cookie
To start, these aren’t your typical Christmas cookie! They are packed full of so many goodies your tastebuds aren’t going to know where to start.
Here’s what makes a Gingerbread Rocky Road Cookie:
- Gingerbread cookie base – perfectly spiced with cinnamon, ground ginger, molasses and brown sugar.
- Marshmallows – the mini ones are the best!
- Chopped pecans – the perfect amount of nuttiness! The buttery pecans match perfectly with the decadent gingerbread cookie.
- White chocolate chips – how can you have rocky road with some sort of chocolate?! White chocoalte chips are the smooth, creaminess your tastebuds can’t get enough of!
Tips for Making These Cookies
Since these cookies are loaded full of so many goodies, there are a couple tips to keep in mind when making them to achieve the perfect cookie.
- Coat them in cinnamon-sugar, but don’t over-handle them. If you get the cookies too warm in your hand, you will lose some of the fluffy goodness in place of a crispier cookie.
- Cook them on a silpat or parchment paper. The marshmallows like to stick to the pan! Parchment or a silpat help deviate this problem – a silpat is ideal! If you don’t have either, you can lightly spray your cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- If the marshmallows ooze out the sides, use your spatula to gently push the cookies back together in a round form after they come out of the oven.
Gingerbread Rocky Road Cookies will instantly fill your house with warmth and Christmas cheer. Santa Claus himself won’t even be able to resist these little cookies of joy! John and I are sure addicted!
Looking for a classic Soft Gingerbread Cookie recipe? Look here!
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!