Garlic Herb Roasted Chicken is a classic chicken dinner recipe! A whole chicken is covered with a garlic herb butter and roasted with vegetables and white wine until perfectly golden brown. The result is a flavorful, tender chicken recipe that is perfect for any dinner occasion!
- 1 whole chicken(4-5 pounds), giblets and neck removed
- 1 stick butter (8 tablespoons), melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 large carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup white wine or chicken stock
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Arrange the onion and carrot pieces in the bottom of a 9×13 roasting dish, or one of similar size. Place the chicken on top of the vegetables. Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel and season with the salt.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, parsley, thyme and garlic. Evenly pour the melted butter mixture over the top of the chicken, coating every part. If you are able to, pour some of the melted butter underneath the skin to coat the chicken breasts. Pour the wine into the bottom of the pan.
- Roast for about 1 hour and 20 minutes, basting the chicken with the juices from the bottom of the pan every 20 minutes, until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the chicken meat reaches 165 degrees. If the chicken skin is browning too quickly, loosely cover with foil for the last 20-30 minutes to reach the 165 internal temperature.
- Allow the chicken to rest for about 10 minutes prior to carving and serving. Serve the chicken with the juices form the bottom of the pan spooned over the top. Enjoy!
- Have a good meat thermometer handy for this recipe to accurately tell when the chicken is cooked through.
- If the chicken skin is browning too quickly, cover with foil for the last 20-30 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with the juices from the bottom of the pan spooned over the top.
- Nutritional information for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Roasting
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 335
- Sugar: 3.1g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 14.3g
Keywords: Garlic Herb Roasted Chicken