Garlic Herb Butter Popcorn is a fun and delicious snack that you aren’t going to be able to resist! Freshly popped popcorn is tossed with melted butter, garlic salt and herbs until decadently coated. An appetizer that is sure to please a crowd!
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup white popcorn kernels
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large, deep skillet or Dutch oven. Add in the popcorn kernels and toss to coat. Cover with a lid and allow the popcorn to pop, shaking occasionally. This can take 5-8 minutes
- When the popping starts to calm down a little bit, reduce the heat to low to prevent burning the popcorn that is already popped. Allow to pop for another minute or so, then turn the heat off and allow to sit until you don’t hear any more popping.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic salt, parsley and thyme. Pour the garlic herb butter over the top of the popcorn and gently toss until evenly coated. Salt to taste if necessary. Enjoy!
- If you don’t want to make homemade popcorn, you certainly can start with store bought! Just try to get an unsalted or low salt version so you can dress it up yourself. Simply start at step 3 if you are going this route.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes