Sometimes you just need a slice of pizza, and thats where this Fresh Mozzarella and Pepperoni Pizza comes in! Creamy, fresh mozzarella slices melt perfectly into the crispy pepperoni so that each bite is loaded full of flavor and stringy cheese. A dinner recipe that only requires a few, simple ingredients and a little cooking time.
- (2) 16 oz pre-made pizza doughs
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1/2 pound pepperoni slices
- 5 oz pizza sauce
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Gently roll out the pizza doughs on a floured surface to create roughly 12-inch round pizzas. Carefully transfer them to greased baking sheets.
- Evenly split the pizza sauce between the two pizza doughs. Spread it around the top of the pizzas, leaving about an inch exposed on all sides. Next, evenly layer the mozzarella and pepperoni slices between both pizzas. I like to go back and forth from mozzarella to pepperoni to create a fanned effect.
- Bake the pizzas for 15-20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted. If you like a more crispy top to your pizzas, you can turn your broiler on high and broil them for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with the fresh basil chopped on top or left whole. Enjoy!
- I recommend getting freshly sliced pepperoni slices from your grocery store deli for this recipe. It really makes a difference!
- You can purchase fresh mozzarella that is already pre-sliced. This option makes your life a little more easy, but slicing it yourself works as well.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes