This post and recipe is sponsored by Certified Piedmontese. All words and photographs are my own. Thank you so much for supporting the brands that make KJ & Company possible!
French Dip Sandwiches are a classic, comforting sandwich that you just can’t help but devour! Thinly sliced sirloin roast is layered on top of a buttery roll with cheese. A few quick seconds under the broiler to get everything melted together, and you have a French Dip Sandwich that is dunk-worthy into a homemade au jus!
What are French Dip Sandwiches?
There’s quite a few ways to go about a French Dip Sandwich (I’m not claiming to be an expert by any means!) but it is essentially a thinly sliced roast on top of a good bread roll served with a decadent au jus sauce.
If you ask me, all of the components of this sandwich are delicious, but what really makes it is a drool-worthy au jus! One that you just want to keep dunking back into until your sandwich is gone.
What Sets Certified Piedmontese Beef Apart
Certified Piedmontese isn’t just any other beef brand that you may think. They have such a unique, healthy and appealing way that they operate. Let’s dive into the details on what sets Certified Piedmontese apart from the others:
- Their cows come from the rare Piedmontese breed of cattle from Italy – less than 1% of cattle in the United States are Piedmontese, but Certified Piedmontese has the largest herd of these cattle.
- The beef is naturally healthier, but does not sacrifice on flavor and tenderness.
- The beef has fewer calories, less fat and higher protein per ounce than beef from other breeds.
- The cattle are raised naturally without hormones, antibiotics or steroids – and on ranches here in the Midwest!
- You get the taste of real beef since it is naturally cleaner and leaner.
- Certified Piedmontese has a ranch-to-fork process that ensures traceability, environmental sustainability and humane handling.
Now, I don’t know about you guys, but COUNT ME IN! Not only are all of those amazing qualities of the Certified Piedmontese brand enough to get you on board, but tasting their product will have you hooked for life. I sure am!
Tips for Cooking a Sirloin Roast
You may think that cooking a whole roast for a sandwich is way too much work, but trust me, it’s so worth it! It makes such a big difference! Here’s some simple tips to keep it straight-forward:
- Pat it dry and rub it down with olive oil, salt and pepper. This will help you get a good crust!
- Cook it on high heat and then let it rest – this will keep it nice and juicy!
- Have a meat thermometer on hand to know how much longer you need to cook your roast or not.
- Slice it nice and thin to keep your sandwich tender!
If you don’t want to cook the sirloin roast in the oven and you aren’t concerned about having a medium-rare center, then you can certainly do it all in the slow cooker! Add all the ingredients in, set it to low for 6-8 hours and you’re set to go!
French Dip Sandwich Topping Ideas
Topping your French Dip Sandwich opens up all sorts of opportunities! For sure, you have to at least have some good, melty cheese. Here’s some other ideas:
- Havarti, Swiss or Monterey Jack cheese
- Sautéd mushrooms
- Caramelized onions
- Sautéd bell peppers
It’s also worth it to grab some good, buttery rolls. They’re the vessel thats going to hold all of this goodness together! Look for some from a local bakery to get the ultimate sandwich bread, or the bakery section at your grocery store.
Trust me, this sandwich is every bit of delicious and drool-worthy as they look. A little extra work roasting a sirloin roast will definitely pay off!
Looking for other sandwich recipes? Look here!
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that KJ & Company would receive a small commission if anything is purchased. Thank you for supporting KJ & Company in all the ways that you do!