This Espresso Hot Chocolate is a fun twist on the classic favorite. Go ahead and put those packets of cocoa mix back in the cupboard, because you won’t be needing them anymore!
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- Whipped cream for topping
- In a small sauce pan over low heat, bring the milk to a very low simmer. Whisk in the chocolate chips, cocoa powder and espresso powder. Avoid boiling. Whisk until smooth and frothy, about a couple minutes.
- Pour into desired mugs and top with a dollop of whipped cream and a pinch of additional espresso powder.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes