Easy Turkey Gravy is velvety, rich and everything a gravy should be! Simple ingredients come together to form a gravy so good that you won’t believe how easy it is. Pour it over mashed potatoes, slices of turkey or cover the whole plate with this liquid gold and dig in!
- 2 cups turkey drippings
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat until melted. Whisk in the flour and allow to cook for about 30 seconds or until a thick roux has formed.
- Whisk in the turkey drippings and chicken stock. Bring to a simmer.
- Use a ladle to skim off the fat and impurities that rise to the top from the turkey drippings. Whisk occasionally while the gravy simmers until the desired consistency has formed, about a few minutes.
- Pour into a gravy boat and serve immediately, or keep warm in a small slow cooker.
- If you don’t have turkey drippings, replace the drippings with additional chicken stock. Season the gravy with a bit of dried thyme, rosemary and salt to taste. Skimming the fat off the top will not be necessary if there are no drippings.
- The gravy will thicken as it cools. Keep it warm in a small slow cooker for serving if desired.
- Nutritional information for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Sauces
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 53
- Fat: 4.4g
- Protein: 1.1g
Keywords: Easy Turkey Gravy