Easy Roasted Asparagus is a simple, yet delicious side dish recipe! Fresh asparagus is roasted to perfection with simple seasonings to make this recipe as easy as it gets. Serve this roasted asparagus as a side dish to a weeknight dinner, on a holiday table or for a delicious way to get your veggies in!
What KJ Loves about this Recipe
Easy recipes speak my language – especially when it comes to side dishes! A side dish isn’t something that I want to have to put a lot of time and effort into to accompany my main dish or protein for dinner. That’s where this Easy Roasted Asparagus comes in! I love how the simple act of roasting the asparagus develops so much wonderful flavor. No boring, steamed asparagus around here!
Let’s Talk Asparagus
There’s nothing quite like fresh asparagus! Asparagus season peaks in the Spring and Summer months, so it’s always a vegetable that screams vibrance and freshness to me. Roasting it allows the natural flavors to shine and adds a wonderful caramelized flavor that is irresistible.
Asparagus has a more woody stem to it on the ends. You’ll be able to tell the difference primarily by the color – the woody parts of it are usually pale or yellow in color. The easiest way to remove these are to cut them off with a knife or to snap them off. They should snap right off when the asparagus is fresh!
If you’re using frozen asparagus spears, dump them straight from the bag to the sheet pan. Since they are frozen, they may need some additional cooking time, but they do roast up quite nicely as well!
How to Prepare the Asparagus
- Rinse – I always like to make sure to give my fresh veggies a good rinse. That way you know you are working with clean vegetables ready to go!
- Remove the ends – Asparagus have a woody stem to them at the ends that needs to be removed as it is quite tough and bitter. It will be more pale or yellow in color. Remove them by simply cutting them off, or snapping them off with your hands. If the asparagus is fresh, they should snap right off!
- Drizzle with olive oil – Give the asparagus a good toss in the olive oil right on the baking sheet before the seasonings go on.
- Season – Evenly season the oiled asparagus on the baking sheet and you’re ready to go!
If you’re using frozen asparagus, pour them straight from the bag onto the baking sheet pan. The ends should already be removed, so that part can be skipped. Drizzle with olive oil, season and get to roasting! They may need a little bit more time in the oven since they are frozen, but they should roast up nicely.
Easy Roasted Asparagus is easy to make and eat! Here are some serving ideas:
- Weeknight meal – the perfect addition to any weeknight meal! An easy way to to get a side dish on the table in a short amount of time.
- Holiday dinner – even though it’s easy, this asparagus recipe can tango with the big guys! Meaning, it can hold it’s own on the holiday table. The perfect companion to any roast, turkey or ham.
- Date night dinner – serve next to a perfectly seared filet mignon, roasted salmon filet or decadent pasta to wow your date with deliciousness.
- Meal prep – meal prep this roasted asparagus for a delicious way to get your veggies in during the week! They re-heat quite nicely.
Make it Fancy
Looking to take this roasted asparagus up a notch when serving it? Garnish with some fresh lemon slices or shavings of Parmesan cheese for a little extra bling!
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that KJ & Company would receive a small commission if anything is purchased. Thank you for supporting KJ & Company in all the ways that you do!