Easy Beef Gravy is classically smooth and loaded full of beef flavor. This gravy is perfect for pairing with holiday roasts, mashed potatoes or a weeknight pot roast. A few simple ingredients bring this velvety-delicious Easy Beef Gravy to life!
Beef Gravy comes together with only 4 simple ingredients! How great is that? Here’s what you’ll need to bring this recipe to life:
- Butter – I always choose salted butter!
- Onion – yellow or white works!
- Flour – all-purpose flour is the way to go.
- Beef Stock – I like to choose beef stock over beef broth because I think it has a stronger beef flavor. Beef broth can also work if that is what you have.
- Salt and pepper – adding salt and pepper technically takes the ingredient list over 4 ingredients, but they are ingredients to add in as you please and what your tastebuds desire. I always season with a little bit of both.
How to Make Easy Beef Gravy
Start by melting butter in a large skillet (I like to use my Le Creuset Braiser). Sauté the onion until translucent, avoiding any browning.
Next up, add in the flour to create a roux. This will help thicken the gravy.
Then, whisk in the beef stock until smooth and lump-free. Allow to simmer and thicken.
Finally, strain out the onion. Do so by using a strainer to fish out the onion from the pan or by carefully pouring the gravy through the strainer into a bowl. I prefer to just fish the onion pieces out.
Transfer to your desired gravy boat and dig in!
Ways to Serve
When it comes to gravy, we all think of one perfect pairing: mashed potatoes! This gravy is perfect for just that: mashed potatoes and gravy.
It is also the perfect companion to your holiday roasts, such as a prime rib. But it is also delicious drizzled over a Sunday pot roast. Whichever way you serve, it will disappear before you know it!
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that KJ & Company would receive a small commission if anything is purchased. Thank you for supporting KJ & Company in all the ways that you do!