Easy Beef Chili is heartwarming and loaded full of classic chili flavor. Ground beef is simmered together with fragrant spices, tomato sauce and beans. 30 minutes is all you need to bring this Easy Beef Chili to the table!
When the temperatures start to change, football comes back on or snow starts to fall, chili is the go-to! A comforting bowl of chili topped with all the fixings (sour cream, cheese, avocado and corn chips for me!) will warm you from the inside out.
This chili recipe is just that: comfort in a bowl! And one of the best parts? It doesn’t take all day to make! That’s right, you are only 30 minutes away from a scrumptious bowl of chili. Let’s dive into all the details!
Easy Beef Chili Ingredients
First off, when I plan on putting the description “easy” in the title of a recipe, that means the ingredient list needs to be “easy” as well! That means, no fussy ingredients that are hard to find or take awhile to work with. Here is what is needed:
- Ground beef – an 85/15 ground beef option is perfect for this chili. It has just enough fat to add flavor and richness, but not so much that it is overwhelming and turns into a greasy mess. I try to always buy organic beef, and grass-fed along with that is even better!
- Onion – a white or yellow onion will work for this recipe, whichever you have on hand! Give it a quick dice and that is all the manual labor work you have to do!
- Garlic – I always keep this pre-chopped garlic on hand for a quick and easy garlic grab!
- Chili powder – essential for the ultimate chili flavor!
- Cumin – adds the perfect background flavor to the chili. Can’t miss it!
- Black Beans – I like to add in black beans to the chili to not only add a pop of color, but also a different bean flavor next to the kidney beans.
- Kidney Beans – light red or dark red kidney beans both work for this recipe.
- Diced tomatoes – adds a burst of tomato flavor! Can do standard diced or petite diced.
- Tomato Sauce – the base of the chili that holds everything together!
Grab your can opener and pour everything in!
After the chili has simmered together and become rich and flavorful, it’s time to dig in! To me, you can’t have a bowl of chili without having a plethora of toppings. It’s all part of the experience!
Here’s some topping ideas:
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- Corn chips (Fritos)
- Tortilla chips
- Jalapeño slices
And, if you’re from the midwest, CINNAMON ROLLS! Yep, that’s right! A classic cinnamon roll served alongside a bowl of chili is a midwest classic. It’s the perfect sweet and savory combination! Typically, it’s a cinnamon roll that isn’t heavily frosted. We even have a Nebraska-local food chain that brings back their Chili & Cinnamon Rolls every fall/winter. You just can’t beat it! Have you ever tried it?
Whether you are making a batch of chili to serve a crowd, snuggling up on the couch for a movie or hosting a football game party, this Easy Beef Chili fits the bill! Full of flavor, ease and warmth. Dig in!
Looking for other Chili Recipes? Check these out!
Share the love!
If you make this recipe and love it as much as I do, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below, rate the recipe, or share a picture tagging @kjandcompany or using #kjandcompany so that I can see your fun pictures 🙂
Thanks for following and cooking along with me!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that KJ & Company would receive a small commission if anything is purchased. Thank you for supporting KJ & Company in all the ways that you do!