What’s better than a bubbling pan full of spicy, gooey, beefy queso?
This Easy Baked Queso is everything a queso dip should be: Cheesy and salty, with just the right kick of spiciness.
This one-dish queso is sure to satisfy your cheese cravings and is perfect for dipping chips, drizzling over nachos, or devouring by the spoonful.
Making queso in the oven is a great cooking method if you don’t have a slow cooker — or if your slow cooker isn’t large enough for the number of servings you need.
Simply mix a few ingredients, and you’re on your way to queso bliss.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 32 oz Velveeta cheese, cubed (pasteurized cheese product)
- 10 oz can tomatoes with green chiles
- Green onion for garnish, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. In a sauté pan, brown the ground beef over medium heat and cook with the taco seasoning packet according to package instructions.
- Transfer the prepared taco meat to a 3 quart baking dish. Top with the cheese cubes along with the tomatoes and green chiles.
- Cover and bake for 15-20 minutes or until melted and bubbly. Use a spoon to gently swirl and stir the dip together.
- Garnish with chopped green onions, serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
- Easily keep this dip warm for serving by transferring it to a slow cooker and keeping it on the “Warm” function.
- If you have a stovetop and oven-safe skillet, make this whole dip only in one pan!
- Amp up the heat in this dip by using spicy taco seasoning.
- Nutritional information for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 438
- Sugar: 8.2g
- Fat: 27.5g
- Carbohydrates: 14.6g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 37.3g
Keywords: Easy Baked Queso