I say that any day is good to have a cookie. Especially these Double Chocolate Walnut Chip Cookies. Think of the most decadent, double chocolate chip cookie that you can, toss in some slightly salty, nutty walnuts and let it all just dissolve on your tongue as you take another bite. Sold yet? I sure am! I’m pretty much sold on anything chocolate.
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 oz chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about a couple minutes. Reduce the speed to low and mix in one egg at a time, making sure to wipe down the sides of the bowl in between each addition. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- With the mixer speed on low, mix in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt until completely combined and a cookie dough has formed. Gently mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts until combined. Use a tablespoon-size scoop to scoop the cookie dough into balls onto a non-greased baking sheet, placing them a couple inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until the middles have set. Let the cookies cool slightly on the baking sheet before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes