DANG Good Salted Chocolate Chunk Cookies are the ultimate indulgence for your chocolate chip cookie cravings. A brown sugar cookie base is studded with freshly chopped chocolate chunks. These cookies are baked until golden and chewy, with puddles of melty chocolate. Top them off with a light sprinkling of flaky sea salt for the perfect combo of salty and sweet.
If you ever make one of my recipes, please let it be this one! I’ve whipped up hundreds of batches of cookies—and this is my all-time favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. When I serve them up for guests and parties, they disappear instantly.
Are these possibly the best chocolate chip cookies you’ve ever had? You will have to bake a batch for yourself to see! 🍪😍
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- (3) 4oz semi-sweet chocolate baking bars, such as Ghiradelli
- Flaky sea salt for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter, brown sugar and sugar together on medium speed until light and fluffy, about a couple minutes. Reduce the speed to low and mix in one egg at a time until combined, making sure to wipe down the edges of the bowl in between each addition.Mix in the vanilla extract.
- With the mixer speed on low, mix in the flour, baking soda and 1 teaspoon of salt until combined and a dough has formed. Chop one of the 4oz baking bars into about 1/4 inch pieces. Evenly mix into the cookie dough. Scoop the cookie dough out into balls using a tablespoon-sized scoop onto a non-greased cookie sheet, placing them 3-4 inches apart.
- Cut the remaining 4oz baking bars into varying-sized pieces, no larger than an inch. Bake the cookies for 5 minutes. Remove them from the oven and gently press a couple pieces of the chopped chocolate into the tops of all the cookies. Put them back into the oven and bake for another 5-6 minutes, or until slightly golden brown and set in the middle.
- Remove the cookies from the oven. If you would like a glossy-chocolate effect, gently use a butter knife to open the tops of the chocolate pieces on top of the cookies until glossy. Lightly sprinkle each cookie with the flaky sea salt. Move the cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
- These cookies do very well frozen! After scooping the cookie dough out onto the baking sheet, gently press a couple pieces of the chocolate into the tops of the cookie dough balls and freeze them on the baking sheets for a couple hours. You can then transfer the frozen cookie dough balls into a freezer-safe bag to keep up for a week in the freezer. When you are ready to bake (even if you just need a couple!), preheat the oven to 350 and bake the cookies for 12-13 minutes, or until the cookies are slightly golden brown. You can then follow the same directions in section 4 listed above.
- I usually do 6 cookies per cookie sheet. The max I would do per standard cookie sheet is 8 cookies, otherwise you run the risk of the cookies melting into each other.
- Nutritional information for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 278
- Sugar: 20.6g
- Sodium: 315mg
- Fat: 14.5g
- Carbohydrates: 34.4g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
Keywords: Dang Good Salted Chocolate Chunk Cookies