Crispy Baked Coconut Shrimp are simply scrumptious! One bite into these crispy, succulent shrimp will send you straight to a beach underneath a palm tree. Finely shredded coconut is mixed together with Panko bread crumbs for the ultimate crunch factor. Baked instead of fried – how much better can these get?!
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded, un-sweetened coconut
- 1 1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Serve with Sweet Thai Red Chili Sauce
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Whisk together the eggs in a small bowl. In another bowl, combine the coconut, Panko bread crumbs and seasoned salt. Prepare a greased baking sheet.
- Working with one shrimp at a time, dunk it into the egg wash, then into the coconut mixture to get completely coated. Place onto a greased baking sheet. Repeat until all the shrimp are coated. Try to not over-lap or over-crowd the sheet pan as you want the shrimp to not be soggy. Two pans may need to be used.
- Gently brush and sprinkle the tops of each of the shrimp with the olive oil. Bake for 8-10 minutes, then broil for an additional 5 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve immediately with the sweet red Thai chili sauce. Enjoy!
- These shrimp are best served immediately for ultimate crunch factor. If you need to re-heat, you can do so under the broiler or in the microwave (won’t be as crispy but still good).
- Serve these coconut shrimp with sweet red Thai chili sauce for the ultimate experience!