Cranberry Apple Butter is a decadent mix of cinnamon, apples, cranberries and apple cider cooked low and slow. Blended until smooth, the Cranberry Apple Butter is then cooked until caramelized. The perfect addition to a holiday table or smeared on a toasted English muffin!
- 4 honeycrisp apples peeled, cored and diced
- 12 oz cranberries
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Place all of the ingredients together in a slow cooker and gently stir to combine. Cook on high for 4 hours. Carefully transfer everything to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain the cranberry apple butter to separate it from the cranberry casings and seeds. Pour the strained cranberry apple butter back into the slow cooker and cook on high, uncovered, for another hour or until slightly reduced and thickened. Enjoy!
- This cranberry apple butter can be made in advanced and served warm or cold. Whatever you desire! It keeps very nicely in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 hours