These Coconut Oatmeal Baked Apples are such a heart-warming breakfast to start your day. They are filled full of oatmeal that has been simmered in coconut milk, delicious cinnamon, and, of course, the naturally sweet apple to hold it all together. How fun are these? Set one of these on the table for breakfast and start your morning off with a smile!
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 Gala apples
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Heat the coconut milk over medium-low heat in a small sauce pan until it just starts to simmer. Stir in the oats, reduce the heat to low, cover with a lid and let simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until the oatmeal is soft and has absorbed the coconut milk.
- Using a sharp pairing knife, carefully cut a circle around the tops of the apples, removing the core and a little bit of the center to create a little bowl to hold the oatmeal. Evenly sprinkle the inside of the cored apples with the cinnamon.
- Equally split the prepared oatmeal in between the 6 apples, filling each one. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until the apples are soft and cooked through. Top with desired toppings and enjoy!
- Topping ideas: Greek yogurt, chopped walnuts, honey and cinnamon
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour