Coconut Curry Chicken Thighs is a flavor-loaded chicken dinner! Chicken thighs are seared until golden brown and crispy and then braised in a coconut curry sauce until tender. Serve over a bed of rice and a side of naan for the ultimate dish!
- 6 Smart Chicken chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 13.5 fl oz coconut milk, full-fat and unsweetened
- Fresh, chopped cilantro for garnish
- Season the chicken thighs on all sides with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Working in batches, sear the chicken on all sides until the skin is crispy, about 5 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic into the skillet and sauté until slightly translucent, about a few minutes. Add in the red curry paste and cayenne pepper and stir to form a paste-like consistency. Pour the coconut milk into the pan and stir to combine.
- Bring the coconut milk to a low boil and then add the chicken thighs back in, nestling each piece down into the sauce. Reduce the heat to low, spoon the sauce over the tops of the chicken thighs and braise the chicken for about 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through completely and the sauce has thickened. Garnish with the chopped cilantro and serve with the sauce.
- This dish can be made with any form of chicken that you may have on hand: chicken breast, legs, thighs or cubed tenders.
- Serve with rice and naan for a complete meal!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Braising
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 643
- Protein: 37.8g
Keywords: Coconut Curry Chicken Thighs, Chicken Thighs